1. Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to “personal information” as described in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and is information regarding a living person, including a person’s name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information and any other written information that relates to identifying a person, physical appearance, fingerprints, voiceprint data, and any other individual information that relates to identifying a person (personal identification information), such as a health insurance card or insurance identification number.
2. Collection of Personal Information
The Company may ask for personal information upon user registration including a person’s name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number. The Company may also collect information regarding transaction records and payment details between the user and partners (“Partners,” includes information sources, advertisers, and advertisement delivery destinations) that contain personal information.
3. Purpose of Collection/Use of Personal Information
The Company collects and uses personal information for the purposes described below.
1. To provide and operate the Company’s services2. To respond to inquiries from users (including identity verification)3. To send emails regarding the services used by users, including new features, updated information, campaigns, and other services provided by the Company4. To contact users as necessary for maintenance or other important notices5. To identify users violating the terms of service or attempting to use the services with ill intent and refuse access6. To have users view, change, and delete their registered information or view their usage status7. To request fees for paid services8. For other purposes incidental to the above
4. Revision of Purpose of Use
1. The Company may change the purpose of use of personal information only if it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to that before revision.2. If the purpose of use is changed, the changed purpose of use will be notified to users through a method predetermined by the Company or announced on this website.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
1. Except in the following circumstances, the Company will not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the user. However, this excludes circumstances recognized by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws.
1. When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and obtaining the consent of the relevant person is difficult
2. When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound upbringing of children, and obtaining the consent of the relevant person is difficult
3. When it is necessary to cooperate with a government organization, local government, or any other party entrusted by such an organization in performing duties specified by law, and obtaining the consent of the relevant person could interfere with the performance of said duties
4. When the following matters have been notified or announced in advance, and the Company submits a report to the Personal Information Protection Commission
1. Provision to third parties is included in the purpose of use
2. Items of data provided to third parties
3. Means or method of provision to third parties
4. Provision of personal information to third parties will be suspended upon request by the relevant person
5. Method of accepting request by the relevant person
2. Regardless of the preceding clause, the information provision destination is not applicable as a third party in the following circumstances.
1. When the Company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent that it is necessary to achieve the purpose of use
2. When personal information is provided in association with a succession of business due to a merger or other reason
3. When personal information is to be used jointly with a particular person, and the relevant person has been notified regarding the items of personal information to be used jointly, the extent, the purpose of use, and the name of the person responsible for the management of said personal information, or the information has been put in an easily accessible state
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
1. When requested by the relevant person, the Company will disclose personal information to the relevant person without delay. However, in any of the following circumstances, the Company may not disclose all or part of the information, and will notify the relevant person to that effect without delay. Please note that a fee of 1,000 yen per request will be charged for the disclosure of personal information.
1. When disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other right or interests of the relevant person or a third party2. When disclosure is likely to cause considerable hindrance to the proper operations of the Company3. When disclosure violates applicable laws
2. Regardless of the preceding clause, as a principle, information other than personal information, including history information and characteristic information, will not be disclosed.
7. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
1. If any personal information of the relevant person held by the Company is incorrect, users can request the Company to correct, add, or delete (“Corrections, etc.”) personal information through a method predetermined by the Company.2. When the Company receives a request of the preceding clause from a user and deems it necessary to accept the request, it will make Corrections to the personal information of the relevant person without delay.
3. If Corrections are made based on the preceding clause, or if it is decided that Corrections will not be made, the Company will notify the relevant person to that effect without delay.
8. Suspension of Use of Personal Information
1. If the Company receives a request from the relevant person regarding suspension or deletion (“Suspension of Use, etc.”) of personal information due to it being used beyond the purpose of use, or it being acquired through improper means, the Company will conduct necessary investigations without delay. 2. If it is deemed necessary to accept the request based on the investigation results of the preceding clause, the Company will carry out Suspension of Use, etc. without delay.
3. If Suspension of Use, etc. is carried out based on the provisions of the preceding clause, or if it is decided that Suspension of Use, etc. will not be carried out, the Company will notify the user to that effect without delay.
4. Regardless of the preceding two clauses, if significant costs are required for Suspension of Use, etc., or Suspension of Use, etc. is difficult for any other reason, and alternative measures can be made to protect the rights and interests of users, the alternative measures will be taken.